It was recently Kennedy’s birthday and in honor of that I wanted to share with you 7 facts about Kennedy. I also just finished taking her 7 year old birthday pictures.
1. Kennedy is my princess. She always has been and always will be. I probably am biased toward her over my sons just a little. She usually gets what she wants when she asks me. I usually give in to her. The problem is that she knows and exploits this fact.
2. Kennedy is fiercely competitive. She doesn’t like to lose, get things wrong, have someone be better than her at anything. Spelling, soccer, board games, coloring. and on and on. This is a great characteristic and a terrible one all at the same time. It is great because she really wants to do well at things. But she has a hard time if it doesn’t come easy to her. She gets frustrated. It gives us a chance to fight with her and she sees what happens when you push through.
3. Kennedy loves reading Harry Potter with Dad. She begs to be read to every night. Usually I give in a read to her for a few minutes before she falls asleep. Then once I finish she starts talking immediately. Dad what house would you be in? I wonder when I will get my wand. I don’t really like Malfoy. I’m in Ravenclaw and I think you’d be in Ravenclaw too because you know lots about Harry Potter… Successfully brain washed.
4. Kennedy has FOMO. Fear Of Missing Out. Linz and I can’t be doing anything without her sticking in her nose to see what we are doing. Most times she ends up talking to grandma longer than I do. She steals the phone and I have to yank it from her to talk to my mom.
5. She is a little dare devil. I blame this on Linz. But Linz has convinced Kennedy to go cliff jumping several times at locations I didn’t jump off. If she sees someone else do it she thinks she can do it. She is tough inside and out.
6. Kennedy is very loyal. She makes a friend and she will be your friend forever. She wants to make sure that you are taken care of, loved and she will be with your forever. She gets hurts easily when her loyal friends are not nice or don’t want to be her friend. Once a friend always a friend.
7. There are very few people who can out talk Kennedy. Once she gets going she can literally carry the whole conversation by herself. Often times at dinner she will have a whole conversation with us even though we do not say a single world. Its a wonder she ever has time to eat dinner because her mouth is constantly moving. We have to tell her to slow down, stop talking with her mouth full and actually take a breath every once in a while.
We are so grateful to have Kennedy in our family. She is a wonderful sister and daughter. We love you!
If you are interested in checking out lots more photos of our adventures you can see them here: